Each year the Ex-Students’ Association rewards excellence in Fine Arts by selecting and honoring fellow alumni who have distinguished themselves in this area. These awards help foster a sense of community and school pride in alumni and allow for the achievements of Waxahachie ISD graduates to be recognized.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES: A candidate must be someone who demonstrated character, citizenship, success & leadership during and after his/her affiliation with Waxahachie Independent School District AND must meet the guidelines in one of the following categories:
MUSICIAN, ARTIST, PERFORMER, WRITER:
1. Excelled in Waxahachie High School Fine Arts (minimum two year letter award, all district, all-state, state recognition, college scholarship, professional career, etc.); and
2. Graduated from Waxahachie ISD at least ten (10) years ago.
DIRECTOR, INSTRUCTOR, TEACHER:
1. Directed or taught Fine Arts group at Waxahachie for a minimum of three (3) years; and
2. Retired from Directing or Teaching or left employment at Waxahachie at least five (5) years ago.
BAND, ENSEMBLE, CAST:
1. Won state championship or state recognition.
2. Accomplishment must have been at least five (5) years ago. Note: State champions automatically nominated after ten (10) years.
1. Contributed extraordinarily to WISD in a capacity other than as a Director or Teacher (e.g. faculty, administrator, media, community leader, or supporter); and
2. Involved in WISD for a sustained period of time, generally at least ten (10) years.
To nominate an individual for the Fine Arts Hall of Fame award, please use the attached award nomination form. All nomination forms must be returned to the Fine Arts Committee, P.O. Box 906, Waxahachie, Texas 75168.
To see a list of past award recipients, please visit the links below:
Copyright © 2022 Waxahachie Ex-Students' Association ~ All Rights Reserved.